Wednesday, December 19, 2007

On an Personal Note...

Just a quick update on my personal life (or just too much information)...
Finally visited the doctor today to examine what I thought were prostate issues. (You know the commercials that feature guys with the "growing problems")? I had been diagnosed by a general practitioner as having a slightly enlarged prostate. That's not good. I had displayed some of the symptoms for the last 10 years, mostly the frequent urination issues. I was talking to a friend a few months ago and asked him (a former general practitioner himself) and he said it did not sound like BPH (or the enlarged prostate issues). I finally visited a urologist recently and he confirmed that I do not have BPH. In fact, I thought I was going to get out of there without a "field examine." No such luck. But it did confirm to him that my prostate wasn't the issue. So, no avodart or flomax or and roto rootering or any of the other more invasive solutions. But, I still have the frequency issues. Now we have to figure out whether I have a small bladder or if I produce too much urine. What to choose, what to choose...I also received the peace of mind that my hernia (which was repaired in 2005) has not come back. But I still have some discomfort in that area.
So basically I know what's not wrong. Got to keep a "voiding diary" and watch how I work out. I'll keep you posted with probably some more uncomfortable revelations soon.

No comments: