Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Thoughts on Cubes

I loved living in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. The sports scene was fantastic (three Cowboys' Super Bowl victories while I was there). Another was Mark Cuban. If you are and outsider, you probably hate him, but as a Maverick fan, I thought he was great. You would have to research and see where the Mavs were in the early 90s (they won 14 games one year). Anyway, he had some financial advice for the current crisis:
If you have less than $100,000 in your bank, you’re safe. If you have “investment money”, put it in a low-risk Money Market Fund with a guaranteed return.

“Take your two percent and sleep well,” he said. “This is the time to be safe and wait it out.”

Dallas Observer columnist Richie Whitt notes: Just shows you how surreal Cuban’s life is. While the rest of us are ransacking seat cushions and ash trays for enough coins to pay our light bill, he’s got $1 billion burning a hole in his pocket to spend on a baseball team.

Joked Cuban of the slow-moving sale of the Cubs, “I always thought if I wanted to spend $1 billion I’d be able to.

No comments: