Thursday, October 25, 2007

No Longer Just Hip...


I used to look down on mac users. I thought that they were just trying to be different, iconoclastic, stubborn. I never considered using a mac because all of the software that I was using was PC based. I began to observe some mac users in action, saw their computers, bought an ipod and I was slowly converted. I bought a macbook pro last year and I love it. I just read this quote on line:
Shares of Apple rose almost 7 percent in after-hours trading after the company reported fiscal fourth-quarter profits that jumped 67 percent to cap a year of unprecedented momentum in the company's Macintosh computer business, as well as continued demand for iPods and the successful launch of the iPhone
.
I looked around at the coffee shop I was studying in today and of the 12 laptop users, 8 were using macs. Mac is really gaining right now. (Reality check, mac's only account for about 8 percent of the computer market. It’s funny, after I read how mac is gaining ground and becoming the popular choice right now, I wonder how long it will take Microsoft to become the underdog that mac was and people will convert to PC to be different. Or, will another movement come along to challenge the big two? My bet is on the second option. So, keep your eye out for it and then buy its second or third generation products as they become cool. By then, the pioneers will have moved on to another product to champion as the new underdog.

No comments: