Saturday, November 24, 2007

Big Game, but the Biggest Ever?


I just witnessed, arguably the biggest Mizzou game in my lifetime: MU 36 - KU 28. Mizzou wins the Big 12 North division and will play Oklahoma for the outright Big 12 Championship. The games will just keep getting bigger if they win. I have been hearing a lot of talk that this was the biggest game ever in this series. The game of 1960 might have something to say about that. Mizzou came into that game 11-0 with a chance to play for the National Championship (they were rated number 1). They lost to Kansas in the game. Mizzou went on to beat Navy in the Orange Bowl but were not voted number 1 (there was no BCS back then). However, after the game it was found out that Kansas had used an ineligible player and Kansas forfeited the game to Mizzou. Mizzou finished the season 12-0 but were not National Champions because the votes had already been cast. So, next week may just be the biggest in MU history, and if they win, the following game will be the biggest in MU history without a doubt.
Unbelievable!

3 comments:

jonny rocket said...

Good win for Mizzou. I hope they run the table, but Oklahoma with a healthy quarterback is going to be rough. I am excited about the possibility of Missouri and West Virginia putting up a combined 140 points in the national championship!

I know it's the future, and I certainly know it is effective, but I'm still not a big fan of the spread offense. I like fullbacks and tight ends that look like tackles.

Bill Victor said...

I agree about the spread offense. Too gimmicky. I like a team that can run the ball in the fourth quarter. Which Mizzou did against Texas Tech.
Mizzou vs the Okies on a neutral field...there's a big chance.

The MAN Fan Club said...

Makes me wish I had some MIZZOU gear to wear.

Just 2 more games left. Just win 2!

Good thing Kansas did not score in the first half. NO 2nd half defense for sure.