Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Now...Where's My Coat?

It seems that every community has the old saying, "If you don't like the weather in ________, just stick around, it will change soon enough." I've heard that in STL and Dallas/FTW. It's funny, in DFW, they would say that but I could predict the weather for about 3 straight months with little variation. From June 30 to September 30, the weather would be: Sunny, highs in the mid to upper nineties, lows in the upper 70s, no rain. To show you the STL version, check this out from yesterday's Post Dispatch:

Tuesday was one of those days when the Midwest proves its reputation for fickle weather. It was 73 degrees at 12:39 p.m., breaking by six degrees the record set for Jan. 29 in 1988. In less than four hours, the temperature fell 50 degrees. Cold wind gusted to near 40 mph.

The temp got down to about 14. The wind chill had to be below zero. The lesson: always have your coat nearby in STL in January.

1 comment:

kvkid said...

That's funny I always joke about that old saying too my wife because it annoys me. I traveled 48 states and parts of canada when I was driving a truck and almost every where I went people would say that about thier location. for some reason it really bothered me.