Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Trip Back in Time: 20 years ago

This takes me back twenty years. I used to work for the St. Louis Cardinals baseball team in college. After the games I would listen to Jack Buck do the Scoreboard show and help the engineer of the radio broadcast (Colin Jarrett) break down the equipment and put stuff away. While we were doing that, Ernie Hays would be playing bossa nova standards as people were leaving the stadium. Below is a youtube video of one of the songs that Ernie would play. Ernie played it almost just like Walter Wanderly who is featured in the video. If you ever stayed around the stadium while Ernie played (or maybe heard this in the background during the Scoreboard show), this will be fun for you. If not, you will probably hate it.

3 comments:

The MAN Fan Club said...

That sounds like it could be found in a few areas like Nintendo Wii for starters. I remember Ernie, but not that song.

Bill Victor said...

I am now addicted to this song. The song is called "Summer Samba."

Anonymous said...

Now that's a good "tribute" blog...and it's even on my birthday. Thanks for the memories...